Thursday, January 8, 2009

JANUARY 8, 2009 PANAMA


It crept up slowly, the delivery date. I waited with great anticipation, not knowing what waited for me between the first twinge and the first cry. As clear as my hand is in front of me, is the events of that day. Folding clothes in the bedroom... the whole insides tighten in a forceful, yet gentle cramp. Eyes weld with the knowledge, no maybes, might Be's, this is it. A previous decision to do this the way my ancestors had, the old fashion way, "natural" they called it, was the theme. If hundreds, thousands had done it before me, we too could, and would. That carried us through the first part and the middle part, but towards the end it got a little desperate. "okay, bring on the drugs" I stated, knowing they where at the fingertips of my caretakers. "NOPE" It was past the point of no return. Five more minutes and you'll be holding a small bundle of promised joy. It all turned out just as said. Soon the pain was forgotten and replaced by unmeasurable joy.

If only a damaged dental root had anything in common with a pregnancy besides "PAIN" No payoff for enduring without medication, No "Thank you Jesus" a bundle of pink adorableness at the end. Only the dread of thumping pain, and the only hope of getting any better is to drill out the offender (more pain).

This morning I was unable to stand the spreading pain any longer. I called doc wood, he could get me in next Tuesday, 5 days away, OKAY, Pull the boots up and prepare I thought... I will definitely need more Vicadin... I told the girl on the other end of the phone, my voice quivered as I fought back tears...hearing my desperation, she said she would call back. She called back with a name of a doc who would see the tooth NOW...Excitement filled me...who gets excited about a root canal? Never thought that would be me. I rushed over and said yes to the "Happy Gas" and Maria hooked me up. No pain, not even discomfort. That was at 10am ish, it is now 3pm. Best outcome...so far...I love modern dentistry. Thank you Chad Burgess, your the MAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment